Baked Broccoli Bites 🥦
Broccoli is high in vitamin C, boosting your child’s immune system to fight off illnesses. It’s also a good source of vitamin K and calcium, which are vital for maintaining healthy bones. Broccoli also contains fiber, which helps keep your child’s digestive system working properly. 1/2 of cup of broccoli supplies 2.6 grams of fiber.
1 medium russet potato
2 cups of broccoli
1/3 cup of diced onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
🥦peel, dice and boil the potato until soft. Place in a medium size bowl and mash with a fork.
🥦steam the broccoli for about 3 to 4 min, chop the florets and add it to the potato.
🥦sauté the onion for a couple of minutes, add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1 minute and add it into the potato, following by one cup of grated cheese and the beaten eggs.
🥦mix well until combined. Grease 11 muffin cups with olive oil and spoon 1 1/2 Tbsp in each muffin cup
🥦bake on 380F for 20 minutes
Chicken and Vegetable soup with organic bone broth and fine egg noodles
Small organic chicken
1/2 onion, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
4 celery stalks for flavor
3 carrots, diced
2 potatoes, diced
1 cup of broccoli
1 TSP Salute Seasoning
1 TBSP olive oil
8 cups of water
32 ounces organic bone broth
Boil the chicken for 1 hour in 8 cups of water and the 4 celery stalks. Remove chicken from the pan and drain the remaining liquid into a bowl. Only keep the clear liquid. Dice the chicken.
In a pan sauté in olive oil the onion, carrots and celery and add the salute seasoning, your clear liquid plus the 32 ounces of organic bone broth and the potatoes and let it simmer for about 30 min, then add the diced chicken and broccoli florets and let it simmer for an additional 5 min. Add 1 1/4 cups of fine egg noodles into the soup. Cover with the lid and remove from the heat. This will prevent the pasta from overcooking. After 5 min remove the lid and serve
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 3 medium size russet potatoes
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Boil the potatoes until ready put aside let it cool down and peal
- In a food processor add onion, carrots and zucchini. Blend until veg is in grated consistency NOT mushy.
- Separately add bread in the food processor until they become crumps.
- In a pan add two TBSP of olive oil and and sauté the vegetables for about 8 to 10 min.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the vegetables and potatoes together and let it cool down. When the mixture is cold add the egg and the bread crumps.
- Stir well cover with plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator for about 30 min to firm.
- Form into medium size burger, coat them with about 1/4 TSp of all purpose flour on each side and sauté until golden brown ( about 2 min each side )
- Place the burgers in a large oven safe tray and bake for 15 min.
Serving suggestions: serve with grilled chicken breast or with Pasta
Mild Butter Chicken (without the Butter) served with Basmati rice
Prep time 30 min
cooking time 15 min
marinate 4 to 12 hours
For the marinade:
- 1.5 Lbs Boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 Tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Tsp of minced ginger
- 1 Tsp of Garamond masala
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Dice 2 large chicken breast in small cubes
- And add all ingredients above listed and mix well in a bowl.
- Place in container with lid or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to marinade as long as possible 4 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tsp of garlic
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp of cumin
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a large pan sauté with 2 Tsp of olive oil the onion for about 2 min and add the garlic together with the cumin, garam masala and paprika and stir for about 1 min: Add the diced tomatoes, warm heavy cream and cook for 10 min on low heat. Turn the heat off. Let it cool down for at least 5 min and add then the marinated chicken. You want the sauce to cool down prior adding the chicken and marinade to avoid the sauce from splitting.
- Add the marinated chicken with all of the marinade in the tomato sauce and stir well. Let it simmer for 5 min. Add the water and cook for an additional 10 min until chicken is fully cooked.
Fluffy basmati rice:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1/2 Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Put the rice in a bowl and rinse it about 5 times with water until the water is completely clear and drain it.
- In a medium pan bring to the boil 1 1/2 cups of water with 1/2 of sea salt.
- In a separate pan sauté the rinsed rice in olive oil for about 1/2 to 1 minute and add the boiling water, cover with lid and simmer for about 5 min. Remove l the lid after 5 min and simmer for another 1 min:
- Use a long serving dish so the rice has space to cool down fast: fluff it up by stirring it with a fork.
Serve with the Butter Chicken
1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
16 oz organic ground beef
26 oz of canned tomato sauce
1 cup of water
3 basil leaves finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt optional
1 tsp salute seasoning
Pinch of nutmeg
In 1 Tbsp of olive oil sauté the onion, garlic, carrots and pepper for about 4 min. Add the ground beef and stir with a wooden spoon until the ground beef becomes very fine. Add all the spices and cook another 5 min. Add the canned tomatoes with the water, bring to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 25 to 30 min.