Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 3 medium size russet potatoes
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Boil the potatoes until ready put aside let it cool down and peal
- In a food processor add onion, carrots and zucchini. Blend until veg is in grated consistency NOT mushy.
- Separately add bread in the food processor until they become crumps.
- In a pan add two TBSP of olive oil and and sauté the vegetables for about 8 to 10 min.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the vegetables and potatoes together and let it cool down. When the mixture is cold add the egg and the bread crumps.
- Stir well cover with plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator for about 30 min to firm.
- Form into medium size burger, coat them with about 1/4 TSp of all purpose flour on each side and sauté until golden brown ( about 2 min each side )
- Place the burgers in a large oven safe tray and bake for 15 min.
Serving suggestions: serve with grilled chicken breast or with Pasta
Mild Butter Chicken (without the Butter) served with Basmati rice
Prep time 30 min
cooking time 15 min
marinate 4 to 12 hours
For the marinade:
- 1.5 Lbs Boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 Tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Tsp of minced ginger
- 1 Tsp of Garamond masala
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Dice 2 large chicken breast in small cubes
- And add all ingredients above listed and mix well in a bowl.
- Place in container with lid or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to marinade as long as possible 4 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tsp of garlic
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp of cumin
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a large pan sauté with 2 Tsp of olive oil the onion for about 2 min and add the garlic together with the cumin, garam masala and paprika and stir for about 1 min: Add the diced tomatoes, heavy cream and cook for 10 min on low heat. Turn the heat off. Let it cool down for at least 5 min and add then the marinated chicken. You want the sauce to cool down prior adding the chicken and marinade to avoid the sauce from splitting.
- Add the marinated chicken with all of the marinade in the tomato sauce and stir well. Let it simmer for 5 min. Add the water and cook for an additional 10 min until chicken is fully cooked.
Fluffy basmati rice:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1/2 Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Put the rice in a bowl and rinse it about 5 times with water until the water is completely clear and drain it.
- In a medium pan bring to the boil 1 1/2 cups of water with 1/2 of sea salt.
- In a separate pan sauté the rinsed rice in olive oil for about 1/2 to 1 minute and add the boiling water, cover with lid and simmer for about 5 min. Remove l the lid after 5 min and simmer for another 1 min:
- Use a long serving dish so the rice has space to cool down fast: fluff it up by stirring it with a fork.
Serve with the Butter Chicken
1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
16 oz organic ground beef
26 oz of canned tomato sauce
1 cup of water
3 basil leaves finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt optional
1 tsp salute seasoning
Pinch of nutmeg
In 1 Tbsp of olive oil sauté the onion, garlic, carrots and pepper for about 4 min. Add the ground beef and stir with a wooden spoon until the ground beef becomes very fine. Add all the spices and cook another 5 min. Add the canned tomatoes with the water, bring to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 25 to 30 min.